A Lifetime is Ment for Changing. Things happen, time flys and memories are made. Always remain true to you. At the end of your journey, you don't want to look back and say "What if...."

Sunday, May 15, 2011

All a girl needs is a little motivation


I can sit here and give you all the Medical Reasons why a person should live an active lifestyle and why they need to get healthy but I won’t. The reason for that is because we all (well, most of us) know those reasons already and the more people tell us, the more annoying it gets. We know what we need to do and why… Doing it is the hard part. Getting into a routine is pretty killer for me because I always get discouraged and disappointed. Another discouragement is going at it alone. There is nothing worst for me than to have to DRAG myself to the gym alone and then be on a machine ALONE for the next 30 minutes. Those 30 minutes are agony. Another down fall for me is restrictions in foods. Every time I tell myself I am going to stop eating this and that (even if I don’t ever over do it in the first place), I end up eating more than what I would normally eat because it is a forbidden food.

I know all the reasons I have to get healthy. I want to look sexy, I want to feel good, I want to shop off the rack, and I want to RUN (yes, run... My goal is to get to a weight in which running will come easy), I want to have another baby; I want to play football with my boys and not get exhausted… I can go on and on and on with my “Wish List”. Making those wishes into reality has been a little or let’s keep it real, it’s been REALLY hard. My goal this time is to make MY wishes come true!!! I will take it one day at a time. No more fad diets, etc. This is a life style change and I will allow myself to fall because I can learn from my mistakes.

Finding support is very important for me this time around. I’ve always tried to do it alone and I always fail at it. I need to be able to be held accountable and I know that if I have a support system, this will be just a tad bit easier. Losing weight is not easy but when you have support, it is more doable.

Food is really never my culprit. Restricting the foods is my downfall. For some reason each time I tell myself I can’t eat that or that or that… Guess what? I want that and that and that. I have come to the conclusion that there is no need to restrict myself from foods. I just have to learn to ALSO add the good foods and most important pay attention to my “serving sizes”. Even too much of a good thing isn’t good.

I will try to keep a daily entry on here of my progress and what I did for the day. I enjoy sharing these kinds of things because I like to see it written down so that I can see the progress. I am starting with short term goals so that I can reach my long term one.

No comments:

Post a Comment