A Lifetime is Ment for Changing. Things happen, time flys and memories are made. Always remain true to you. At the end of your journey, you don't want to look back and say "What if...."

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Exploring and Enjoying New Foods


Learning to enjoy good foods is very hard, especially when you are so locked into thinking that good foods don’t really taste good.



As I continue in making and incorporating small changes into my diet, I have discovered something very surprising. Foods in their natural state taste pretty good. What do I mean by that? Well, let me explain it to you from my point of view. I am Puerto Rican which means we cook with lots of seasoning. We use a lot of fresh ingredients like Garlic, Onions, Peppers, Cilantro, etc BUT we also use things like Adobo and sazon. These seasonings make the food flavorful but also have a lot of sodium. I’ve cut back on using adobo and sazon. I now use it on a rare occasion (maybe once every 2 months when I do a traditional Puerto Rican Meal). I just use more garlic, onions, peppers, etc. I now use salt, pepper and garlic to give taste to most of my meats. Letting the natural taste of the meats shine through has proven to be pretty tasty. The fresh ingredients compliment the meats in a lovely and tasteful way. 
I have been eating more and more raw veggies. I do steam them at times and add some EVOO, salt and garlic to them for a change but I really do enjoy eating raw broccoli, carrots, lettuce, tomato, etc. The broccoli is a fun snack to have instead of the regular bag of chips. Baby carrots are so yummy with hummus or even ranch dressing. I try to incorporate lettuce and tomatoes drizzled with lemon juice and Evoo with a little bit of salt into every meal.

I also enjoy the Whole Natural Almonds. They are super yummy and satisfying. They have a slight nutty yet sweet taste. They are great in salads or as a snack.

Fresh fruits are great as well. I love bananas, apples, oranges, etc.

Eating healthy doesn’t mean I have to settle for foods I don’t enjoy. It means exploring what is out there and taking advantage of all the yummy foods available. Exploring new foods and venturing out to new tastes.

Here are some of my favorite snack foods:
Baby Carrots
Cherry Tomatoes
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Almonds
Apples
Bananas
Green/Red/Yellow Peppers



Okay, everyone til next time. xoxo
Don't forget to check me out on youtube for the latest videos, etc. Here is a link to my page:

No comments:

Post a Comment